South Georgian Bay COVID-19 Resources
South Georgian Bay Tourism remains open in the midst of Covid-19, and our staff and board members are vigilantly monitoring the evolving situation. Though our staff are taking precautions by working from home, we are here to assist the public by phone, messaging or email if you have any questions.
LAST UPDATED: July 31 (9:00 AM)
- South Georgian Bay Tourism Directory:
- Collingwood Commons: Local restaurants + retailers
- Explore Blue
- Experience Simcoe
- Ontario.Live : Launching soon, businesses can now register
- Grey County’s Community + Business Resiliency Map
For support and programs, please click the links below:
- Return to business checklist
- Workplace Safety Template: Government of Ontario
- Government of Ontario: Business Guidelines During Covid-19
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- HR Support for Small Businesses- Your FAQ’s Answered
- HR Guide for Managing your Employees
- Stop the Spread: Business Information Line Now Open at 1-888-444-3659
- COVID-19 SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
- Georgian College: Free & Discounted Courses
COVID-19 Business Reopening Guidebook. – Download the Business Reopening Guidebook
The province has launched a toll-free line (1-888-444-3659) to provide support to Ontario businesses who have questions about the province’s recent emergency order to close at-risk workplaces following recommendations by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
RTO7 is ready to go with its newest program, the Operations Implementation Program (OIP). This program was created as part of RTO7’s 2020/21 COVID-19 Business Recovery Plan to assist and support the tourism operators in BruceGreySimcoe during recovery from the effects of COVID-19 on their business.
How does OIP work? RTO7 will match an operator’s investment in operational expenses with $1,000 (includes HST) for a social media campaign to promote the tourism business. Eligible operational expenses include mortgage payments, rent, insurance, inventory purchases, etc. Proof of payment must be submitted with your final report and note that RTO7 covers the additional agency fees.
The setting up of the social media campaign will be actioned now to ensure your tourism business is ready to be advertised at the appropriate time.
For detailed information on the program, visit the Operations Implementation Program page on RTO7.ca.
- Conference Board of Canada’s Resource Page
- Forbes: Free Software that Businesses & Individuals Can Use During Covid-19
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories
- Public Health Ontario
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada financial resources for small business
- Dealing with Difficult People Video
FINANCIAL RESOURCES VIDEO SERIES
Community: Webinars, Conference Calls, Surveys + More
- July 9: Legal Advice Webinar on What Businesses Can Do to Survive the Crisis
- Boost Your Business with Web Copy That Works
- Facebook and Instagram for Business
- Local SEO & Google My Business
- Shopify your business
- Ask an Expert Series
- Collingwood Downtown – Business updates
- Town of Collingwood Updates
- Town of the Blue Mountains – Updates
- Explore Blue
- Town of Wasaga Beach – Updates
- Clearview – Updates
- Meaford – Updates
- South Georgian Bay Virtual Events
- Collingwood Commons: Online marketplace for Collingwood retailers & restaurants
The Province of Ontario has set up a website that is updated twice daily with information on COVID-19 in the province.
How to Help Prevent the Spread
There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses. Take these everyday steps to reduce exposure to the virus and protect your health:
- wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- stay home if you are sick
In addition, here are recommendations for communicating about the virus:
- Disclose information honestly when questioned by visitors and customers
- Share the above list with family, friends, your staff and visitors
- Refer visitors to the Province of Ontario website for updates from the Ministry of Health
- At this stage there are many unknowns about the virus and as such we recommend that your promotions, advertising and communications DO NOT promote that it is a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safe region to travel to or that it is safer in BruceGreySimcoe than somewhere else. Continue promoting all the positive attributes about your attractions, accommodation or activity.
IMPORTANT LINKS & PRIOR RTO7 COMMUNICATIONS
- List of Essential Workplaces
- Ontario Enacts Declaration of Emergency to Protect the Public
- Enhanced Measures to Protect Ontarians
- Important Update – Clarification on Return from Travel
- Social Distancing – provides information on Social Distancing measures
- Mass Gatherings – provides information Risk-informed decision-making for mass gatherings during COVID-19
- Restaurants Canada – provides an informational series on Actionable Resources and Posters for the Workplace.
How To Help Support Local Businesses